10.04.2006

http://musings-of-a-domestic-goddess.blogspot.com/


Amish shootings: turn them into a positive influence

I know that sounds a bit strange to turn the actions of a very sad, sick man into a positive influence, but I think that the best way to deal with the craziness in this world is to try and learn from it and make our personal lives better from it.

Case in point. When my youngest, now in 7th grade, was in kindergarten there was a news story of a Kindergartner that took his daddy's gun to school and shot and killed a class mate. That struck my heart so deeply. Not only the tragedy, but the fact that it happened to someone the same age as my own child.

It made me realize how fragile and fleeting life is. From that point onward, even if we have had a "grumpy" morning, I always tell my kids "have a good day, I love you" when they leave for school or to play with a friend etc.

I can't imagine having a grumpy day, not saying that to my kids and having a very sad, sick man come into their school.

Could I live with myself if my last words to my children weren't " I love you"!

No comments:

stay up to date!

Add to any service